With the right refrigeration system and the number of refrigeration commercial repair specialists, food spoilage in a restaurant can be avoided. So, there is no excuse for you to serve your clients with spoiled food.
But given all the things you need to take care of, keeping track of which stocks need to be placed in glycol chillers or refrigerators could be the last thing on your mind. What you can and must do is to find ways to prevent spoilage and avoid flushing money down the drain.
What can you do?
Keep track of purchase deadlines
Make sure suppliers provide you with the best and freshest hauls of the day. Then, label every product with the expiration date and arrange your cooler in such a way that the first items that were delivered first will be used first. See more here NKS Refrigeration & Air Conditioning
All employees should be aware of the purchase process, from ordering to using produce and other items with use-by dates.
Follow proper storage practices
- Fridge temperature should be no higher than 40 °F (4 °C) to stop most bacteria from growing.
- Cold air must circulate around refrigerated foods to ensure they are properly chilled. This means no stacking them too high or too tight.
- Spills, such as drips from thawing meat, can cause cross-contamination. So, make sure spills are absent inside a refrigerator to prevent bacteria growth and contamination.
- Different products should be placed in different sealed containers and labelled properly. Expiration dates must be displayed prominently for all employees to see.
- High-risk items, such as cheese, eggs, meat, and fish products must be stored in a refrigerator only up to seven days. You have the option to place them in a separate refrigerator.
- Ensure everyone uses refrigerated products well before their expiry date and timeframe. You should also schedule your next set of purchasing based on the timeframe.
- The fridge must be cleaned frequently. Too much ice can have an effect on the overall taste and texture of the food. That’s the last thing you want to happen. Regular cleaning will also help identify which food items are about to get spoiled.
In the event that temperature constantly changes, hire a refrigeration commercial repair specialist to check on your refrigeration system.
Set up a contingency plan in case of service interruption
Do you have a plan for when a power failure happens? Do you have a backup power or alternative refrigeration solutions?
Before you can create a contingency plan or contact a coolroom builder Melbourne refrigeration companies have, you must gather essential data:
- The most likely sources of power failure
- The length of time and frequency that potential power loss happens
- Worst case scenario for when power outage lasts a long time
Once you have the data, you can decide to invest in backup power or not. Make sure to conduct a cost-analysis benefit to identify which power plan will supply sufficient power during a power failure.
Then, have alternative refrigeration solutions in place in case of a disaster due to a storm or flood. One option would be to have an agreement with a sister company, a different branch, or another where you can store items temporarily. In case of a spoiled inventory, you can also agree to get substitute products from them.
If drinks and beverages are something you need to store, a partnership with another glycol chiller brewery business is an alternative option.
Hire NKS Refrigeration & Air Conditioning
Whether you’re looking for refrigeration commercial repair specialists, coolroom builder, or cold storage installers, NKS Refrigeration & Air Conditioning has the professionals you need to keep your business going. They provide the cooling systems you need for your restaurant to stay the coolest choice in town. Visit https://www.nksrac.com.au/commercial-refrigeration-repairs-melbourne/